Friday 6 November 2015

Chapter 5 - patterned papers

This chapter was fun and I had trouble stopping once I got started.

Fig. 5.1
 Produced with the edge of a piece of card dipped in black ink. Reptilian scales?

Fig. 5.2
I used a feather 'brush' dipped in ink. Tiger stripes

Fig. 5.3
 The edge of a piece of card dipped in ink to produce this tortoiseshell pattern.

Fig. 5.4
 Corrugated card dipped in ink and used as a brush to imitate the direction of feathers.

Fig. 5.5 
The edge of a piece of curved card in acrylic paint on my gelli plate.





Fig. 5.6
 I stretched a net bag from some fruit across my gelli plate and spread acrylic ink through it with a brayer. Snake skin!

Fig. 5.7
My feather 'brush' again this time used on  acrylic paint on my gelli-plate.

Fig. 5.8
Again the feather 'brush' on acrylic paint on the gelli plate to produce a tortoiseshell pattern.
 
Fig. 5.9
 A larger tortoiseshell pattern this time made in the same way as in Fig. 5.8

Fig. 5.10
 A circular textured wooden stamp on acrylic paint spread on the gelli-plate.

Fig. 5.11
 I used a small foam decorator's roller with elastic bands wrapped around it at intervals rolled through black acrylic paint then rolled directly onto the paper.

Fig. 5.12
Sample 5.12 was produced in exactly the same way as 5.11
 
Fig. 5.13
 Circular felt furniture protectors stuck onto a child's rolling pin rolled across my acrylic paint covered gelli-plate then over-printed using the same method directly onto the paper.

Fig. 5.14
 Natural sponge dipped into black acrylic paint then dabbed onto the gelli plate. Leopard's spots.

Fig. 5.15
As sample 5.14 above but this time printed direct to the paper rather than onto the gelli-plate.

Fig. 5.16 
I rolled acrylic paint through a stencil onto the gelli-plate. Snake skin.

Fig. 5.17
Soft cotton string was laid on the gelli-plate in a random fashion then acrylic paint spread over the top.

Fig. 5.18
 Cotton bud used to produce scale patterns on the gelli plate using acrylic paint.

Fig. 5.19
And finally a second pull from the plate after printing 5.18.

No comments:

Post a Comment