Sunday 17 May 2015

Chapter 4: Black is black

 Fig. 1

 Fig. 2

 Fig. 3

 Fig. 4

Fig. 5

I don't have much to say about this part of the chapter - other than that it's finished. I can't say that I enjoyed the exercise at all, though I think that some of the designs have turned out to be OK. 

 Fig. 6

 Fig. 7

Fig. 8

Aah ... so it was maybe just the fact that it was black paper that I didn't enjoy (let's not think too much about why that might be!) as this exercise was much more fun. Again I'm sticking to the Islamic tiles for the symmetric designs and the starfish for the asymmetric ones. I did make a couple of asymmetric designs from non-starfish shapes too though. I enjoyed trying to find ways to put my stars together in asymmetric ways and I think that, again, those where I've used negative spaces have produced some interesting designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment