Sunday 17 March 2019

An addition to Chapter 6

I did a further couple of samples for this chapter, as requested ...

Sample 5: Hand dyed cotton was stitched with zigzag stitch circles to mimic the wax pastel circular marks on the paper version. Pieces of red, blue and white chiffon were stitched in white, grey and yellow then the edges frayed. The original photograph for this was actually a sunset but now it looks more like reflections on water which is perhaps more in line with my proposed finished piece of work.


Sample 6: I loosened the top tension and stitched the circles on the base fabric from behind this time before adding the chiffon strips. The third layer was scrim (hand dyed) already stitched with circles and sadly I think I got a little confused when cutting areas away so the curves of the strips have been lost somewhat in some areas though I know how to remedy this should I need to replicate it in the future. Again very reminiscent of reflections on water!


No comments:

Post a Comment