Sunday 29 April 2018

Chapter 10: Stitch to translate

Now it was time to translate some of my rubbings into stitch using mainly one stitch for each sample.

Fig. 10:1
 This rubbing was taken from one of my stitched samples where I had couched down a range of metal washers underneath silk fabric in one of the earlier chapters. I used a series of buttonhole wheels and a few web stitches to translate the circular motifs.

Fig. 10:2
 I used fly stitch to translate the rubbing taken from one of the stitched samples taken from the bare tree branches.


Fig. 10:3

Chain stitches and detached chain in a single strand of thread and strips of chiffon emulate the rubbing in this image.


Fig. 10:4
I used open chain to represent this circular motif.

I feel that all the stitched samples are successful in imitating the rubbed marks and can see how some of these could be taken forwards into the final piece for this module.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment