Friday 23 September 2016

Planning a resolved sample

I'm to make a resolved sample based on techniques, shapes and/or colours already used in previous chapters, using at least two techniques previously used on the course and based on movement. I felt as though I'd rather lost touch with what I was doing with this module so it was very helpful to get everything out and look at it again ... including the previous two modules.

I came up with a list of possible techniques :

  • use of complementary colours
  • patterns using repeating motifs - different sizes; layered (add embroidery and/or beads); cut and separated
  • bonded fabrics (and threads)
  • Fibonnacci - e.g. spiralling log cabin?
  • tones of one colour
  • cords, beads, buttons
There could easily have been more but I wanted to at least try to limit myself to a manageable list.

Fig.1

 I started by playing with a variety of different shapes using the Fibonacci sequence. The only trouble with this is that the numbers very quickly become too large and unwieldy - but worth bearing in mind.


Fig.2
 I was attracted by the meteorological photograph of a tornado from my original research images and looked for more tornado images online.
Fig.3
Then I printed out one of the Photoshop images I had done earlier and used that as a background for a spiral of circles and rings in decreasing sizes. I'm thinking that these could be made of wired cords, buttonholed rings, Dorset buttons and beads in my sample. 

No comments:

Post a Comment