Wednesday 16 March 2016

Chapter 11 - fabric samples

I began this chapter playing with paper - the combinations of strips, colours and patterns are, I suspect, literally endless. I stopped after doing eleven samples.

Fig.1


Fig.2

I then stitched on some of my printed and bleached fabrics, though forgot to take photographs of some of these before I started cutting into them to make pieced samples.

Fig.3

 Fig.4

At Sian's suggestion I also overdyed some of my purchased fabrics with interesting results.
 
Fig.5

Fig.6

Fig.7

Fig.8

Fig.9 

The next task was to choose some of my designs to translate into fabric. I made three small samples ...
Fig.10

Fig.11

Fig.12

I also pieced a larger sample with embellished seams - lots of prairie points, bundles of threads, wrapped threads and bullion loops.

 Fig.13 

Finally in this chapter, we were asked to produce a larger sample similar to the one made for chapter 10 but this time from embroidered and patterned fabrics. As I had hated the earlier piece so much, this time I had to produce something neater and more attractive to my eye ...

Fig.14
... and just hope that it is acceptable.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment