Thursday 26 February 2015

Collaging the wall

I've been playing with papers this week. I've also done one stitch sample for the colour mixing exercise, but I'll wait until I've done the other two before adding those to the blog.

 Collage #1
 
 Collage #2

 Collage #3

Collage #4

Collage #5

I have found this exercise incredibly difficult for some reason - something I've never done before and I felt way outside my comfort zone as a result. Collages #1 to #3 are based on specific sections of the wall. Collage #2 uses part of a photograph of my actual wall for the background. For collage #4 image I went back to the shapes exercise and by the time I got to the final one I was hating them all and just tore the remainder of my papers into strips of varying widths and wove them together. 

On reflection I think maybe #2 is (to my mind) the best of a bad bunch as it is simpler and less busy than the other four but I may well change my mind once I've slept on it, and I also may have another try another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment